TJSL aims to provide every child on a team, a fun and safe experience, to improve their confidence and skills at soccer, and at being part of a team and a league composed of friends and neighbors.
Player Development Initiatives
In 2016, US Soccer has mandated many Youth Soccer initiatives, as described in this presentation Player Development Initiatives. TJSL is adopting these initiatives in 2016-17.
Your Child's Team
From the TJSL website, you can access the Team Roster & Game/Practice Schedules.
- Log into your account
- From the Teams menu, click on Choose a Team>, select the current Season, Division and your child's Team.
- Team Page:You can see the upcoming Schedule of games, practices & training sessions. To see the complete Schedule for the season, click on Full.
- Roster: from the Teams menu, click on Roster to see the team Coaches & members. This menu option is not displayed until a team is selected.
- Schedule: from the Teams menu, click on Schedule to see the complete Schedule.
- Calendar: To synchronize the Schedule with your own calendar:
When on the Schedule page, click on Options (right side of screen) & select Calendar Feed. On the next screen, pick the appropriate option (Google or Outlook) & follow instructions.
Scroll down to see instructions on how to get the smartphone app.
Your Role as a Parent
- As a parent or family member of a registered child:
- Review & abide by the Parents Code of Conduct.
- Help the coaches teach your kids to behave respectfully towards coaches, referees and to one another.
- Watch games & practices from the designated spectator areas. Parents are not allowed in the player area during games.
- Let your coach know if your child will miss a game, practice or training session.
- Encourage your child to his or her best at whatever position is assigned by the coach.
- Help your child with the following:
- Come to practices and games on time with a good attitude, properly dressed and with the right equipment.
- Players must wear shin guards, fully covered by socks.
- Soccer cleats are optional, sneakers are permitted. When playing on the new turf fields, soccer cleats are the preferred choice. However, baseball, football or softball cleats are not allowed.
- No earrings or jewelry is allowed.
- Bring a bottle of water labeled with the player’s name - ONLY WATER IS ALLOWED ON THE TURF FIELDS.
- Each player should bring a ball to every outdoor training session and practice. Write the player’s name on the ball
U09 = Size 4 ball
U11 = Size 4 ball
U13 = Size 4 ball
U16 = Size 5 ball
TJSL Smartphone App
Stay connected, with the Teaneck Soccer smartphone app.
- From the iTunes or Android store, search for League Athletics or SiPlay to download the mobile app.
- Open the app and enter your TeaneckSoccer username, Click on Search and select TeaneckSoccer as the organization.
- Enter your password, enable Notifications (to get reminders of games & practices) and click on Save.
- Select the Team name (grouped by Division). To change the team, select Teams from the menu and then a team.
- In the app, you can see your Roster, Schedule and send RSVPs for team activities.